Full Moon Times                              Daily & Sabbat Info                              Monthly Cycles    
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Witchforum.net - Home of The Inner Sanctum Pagan Forum, serving the Pagan community since Ostara 2000.

gfx gfx
gfx
317676 Posts in 19053 Topics by 15749 Members - Latest Member: ZoilaW37 September 18, 2014, 06:41:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpChatMessagesLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can EVP be Dangerous?  (Read 2520 times)
Marukai
Heathen

Awards
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:41:58 AM »

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I wanted to know if EVP can be dangerous. Can it attract demons? Has anyone here tried EVP?
Odjn
The Wise

Don't presume to know what I think or how I feel.

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:28:05 AM »

Electronic Voice Phenomenon?

I was under the impression it was merely a means in which to hear things especially from seances but from what I read so far it doesn't seem to attract anything per se, at least I don't think so.

gwenne
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:10:03 AM »

EVP or electronic voice phenomena isn't dangerous in and of itself.  This is a phenomena that is recorded using recording devices, and located with an electromagnetic detector that indicates with a flush of a needle electromagnetic bursts of energy.  EVP's are the result of a blast of electromagnetic phenomena that is audibly heard and recorded.  What is producing them is the subject of much controversy, misunderstanding, and fear.  (it also seems to produce some highly rated 'reality' TV episodes).
Marukai
Heathen

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »

I have come across several websites that would indicate that EVP can be dangerous. Please check out these links and post some feedback please.

http://www.paranormaltaskforce.com/evpwarn.html

http://www.psychicchat.com/index.php?file=columndetail&Id=D93B3394-003D-426D-BFA5-B988E7AA3954&ColumnID=9AB39599-1CE7-11D5-BA9C-00C04FA0788A

The second link has a lot more detail.
Odjn
The Wise

Don't presume to know what I think or how I feel.

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »

Thanks for the links Marukai.

They were both interesting. However since EVP is just a recording I still do not understand how they can be dangerous; wouldn't this make any recording -be it sound or video- suspect?

Varia_V
The Enchanting

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »

I agree with you Odjin, well said.

WolfCub
High Witch

It is the Anime that binds us ^_^

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:15:45 AM »

I'm gonna say....no

~Law

()__()
(='.'=)   
(")_(") Pagan Bunny wishes to take over the world

"Once upon a time, I had a game," Carl told no one in particular. "Now I have a robot with chaffing problems. Why is this all my fault?"  -- The Sherwood Game

"Can I kill him? No? What about eating him? Can I eat him? No? Your no fun!" ~Moondancer886

"Since Willem Defoe played Gobbie in Spiderman, does that mean Defoe was... da foe??" ~Me
steven4140
High Witch

Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 04:00:48 AM »

it is very safe to do..unless you do something else with it like invoke something then use it...but really its not

blessed be

blessed be to everyone i see we are all blessed by the goddess

oracle
breeze
The Wise

Namaste

Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 06:49:48 PM »

I personally don't see where EVP's could be dangerous.

Well, I guess that it may be possible to give an ghost/demon/whatever, energy by simply recognizing it is there and interacting with it. In that way it may be dangerous. UUUgghh...I'm confused about the whole thing now, lol

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."-- Kahlil Gibran

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." --Henri L. Bergson

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything. "---Friedrich Nietzsche
ragnarokfinis
Adept

Ampersand; that which binds us together.

Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 12:35:26 AM »

I think it is dangerous in the same circumstance that leaving children alone in the park with a sign "unsupervised" would be dangerous for their well being.

Attracting danger is always dangerous; merely using such tools is not.

Kind words aren't always as kind once they're spoken.
-Endrance
flobadine
The Wise

Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 02:44:39 AM »

There have been stories of people becoming obsessed (demonic obsession maybe) with collecting EVPs of their lost relatives or whatever and end up getting demons pretending to be family.  Then I guess possession is a worst case scenario.

Until a time when later is now,

T.
Citrine_Imix
The Wise

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 05:36:46 AM »

Its all about conduct, anything can be dangerous if you act carelessly or don't respect the element of danger involved. Obviously when dealing with the paranormal, the upmost respect must be had for whatever comes through as a voise or noise on the tape, if this attitude is maintained then i personally do not see how it can be dangerous..at least not in comparism to invoking energies..I have personally only had positive experiences from it, but that does not mean that danger doesn't lurk

BB
Bee
The Wise

Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 08:29:55 AM »

I think itís about as dangerous as using a Ouija board. 

I would say, you need to know what youíre doing if you do decide to start exploring EVP.

And then just protect yourself PROPERLY.

Bless the fire through which we walk
Velvet_Rose
Heathen

Mufasa!

WWW Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 09:37:16 AM »

I don't think EVP can be dangerous, since it is only sound. What/whoever it is that's causing the EVP may possibly be something to worry about (assuming you believe it's caused by poltergeists, etc) EMF on the other hand could possibly be a danger, since it's energy and could possibly draw other entities towards it.

Moonsnshadows
Serf

Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »

An EVP is not dangerous. Trust me...I'm part of a paranormal group and we have never had anything dangerous happen with it. It can be a little shocking when you get home and download your session to your computer to listen to it. You don't always hear them with your ears but for whatever case you are using it, it should do the trick if you are wanting to see if someone replies back to you. If you need assistance in equipment to get or anything, let me know..Send me a message.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx
Content & Graphics © 2000-2013 TheMagickSprite. All Rights Reserved.