Full Moon Times                              Daily & Sabbat Info                              Monthly Cycles    
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Witchforum.net - Home of The Inner Sanctum Pagan Forum, serving the Pagan community since Ostara 2000.

gfx gfx
gfx
317726 Posts in 19062 Topics by 15749 Members - Latest Member: ZoilaW37 November 27, 2014, 02:18:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpChatMessagesLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cigarette spells?  (Read 2131 times)
magicair2
Practitioner

Awards
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:20:24 AM »

Hi all, how you doing?   

I have a few questions (searched the forums and interwebs and didn't find anything to my liking...)  Ok so does anyone know any spells for cigarette?    For example could you "dress" a cigarette and use that like you would a candle?   I feel like that would be great for the witch on the go (plus who looks twice at someone smoking a cig?)

And yes I know they are bad for me... ANYWAY!   I thought I saw something once where you'd write things on the paper and that was like... well writing things on paper and burning them lol

Also is there anything to put into a cigarette( i roll my own)  that would help with the spell, say for protection as you are walking down a street in that "bad part of town" that every city has?

I just wanted to see what other people know about this, please and thank you!

bb,
Ryan
SingingBear
The Blessed

Will you say grace?

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »

If nothing else having them and using the tobacco as a spell ingredient is certainly handy. I have taken tobacco and used it to honor the Goddess and God and Ancestors. Recently I was feeling a bit vexed and was supposed to be in Ritual in a few Minutes. I lit a Smoke, and walked to a spot away from the Group faced North and started sending puffs out to banish my emotional distress. I walked counter clockwise stopping at the Cardinal Points and sent a smoke prayer to the Heavens. I kept doing this until the cigarette was gone. It worked for me so it was successful.
I would suppose writing on the paper and burning it as part of a spell would be as effective as writing it on a paper then throwing the paper in the fire. Maybe more so considering the Sanctity of Tobacco.

“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” ~Native American Proverb

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Bear-Digatono/158009384218933

http://www.reverbnation.com/singingbearakamarkdigatono
magicair2
Practitioner

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »

I have done the smoke offering thing before lol, as well as sprinkling a little bit of my tobacco on the ground at the cardinal points, was just wondering if there was anything else that I haven't thought of yet lol, thank for the response btw!
EtheldredaSevera
High Witch

Glory of Mercury

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »

I've never heard of this sort of thing, but it sounds interesting and a lot like chaos magic principles. I don't smoke (not tobacco, anyway) but I can see the thought process. Also, it seems to have some connection with Native American shamanism or Medicine, as tobacco was sacred to the old tribes. [citation needed]

Many Paths, One Light.

Your heart is a beacon, follow its light,
Surely you will find the path that is right.

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche
fiamma
The Wise

he remains faultless and perfect and whole

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »

Hi all, how you doing?   

I have a few questions (searched the forums and interwebs and didn't find anything to my liking...)  Ok so does anyone know any spells for cigarette?    For example could you "dress" a cigarette and use that like you would a candle?   I feel like that would be great for the witch on the go (plus who looks twice at someone smoking a cig?)

And yes I know they are bad for me... ANYWAY!   I thought I saw something once where you'd write things on the paper and that was like... well writing things on paper and burning them lol

Also is there anything to put into a cigarette( i roll my own)  that would help with the spell, say for protection as you are walking down a street in that "bad part of town" that every city has?

bb,
Ryan

Surefire spell to make the bus/train/your ride to work show up: light up a cigarette.

No, I'm not entirely joking. 

My blog: Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
magicair2
Practitioner

Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 08:46:13 AM »

Hi all, how you doing?   

bb,
Ryan

Surefire spell to make the bus/train/your ride to work show up: light up a cigarette.

No, I'm not entirely joking. 

because once you lit it up your ride shows up ruining a perfectly good cig? lol
Ula
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »

I have heard of tobacco being used in ritual and as offering in Native American tribes and Voodoo so makes sense it should work. I have gotten the impression it attracts good fortune or spirits.
SingingBear
The Blessed

Will you say grace?

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:04:53 PM »

it carries our prayers to the Gods that they might hear them.

“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” ~Native American Proverb

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Bear-Digatono/158009384218933

http://www.reverbnation.com/singingbearakamarkdigatono
Hagred
The Blessed

Hagred

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 08:18:50 PM »

Tobacco is sacred, it also cleanses and purifies, we sometimes use it with incense for smudging, offerings etc, so it should work for spells - pity there is so much hype about smoking, but I suppose its the abuse that gets it a bad name.

Bright Blessings,

Hagred
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx
Content & Graphics © 2000-2013 TheMagickSprite. All Rights Reserved.