Full Moon Times                              Daily & Sabbat Info                              Monthly Cycles    
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Witchforum.net - Home of The Inner Sanctum Pagan Forum, serving the Pagan community since Ostara 2000.

gfx gfx
gfx
317631 Posts in 19048 Topics by 15750 Members - Latest Member: ZoilaW37 September 01, 2014, 06:36:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpChatMessagesLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hecate and Lilith  (Read 1619 times)
Kaleesie
The Blessed

Walking on both Left and Right. Balanced.

Awards
« on: September 18, 2011, 01:41:37 PM »

( on seperate days) im going to call upon each of these Goddess's for help.
I'd like to give them offerings and i read that Hecate would enjoy honey, so im thinking about that. I still would like some more ideas for offerings.
Also, i've been researching offerings for Lilith, but i cant find any ideas. I thought maybe milk... But i feel maybe i should give something else. Problem is...what?
Does anyone have any ideas?
This is extremely important to me. 17
Thank you..
Blessed Be

Kaleesie

Post script, i've been researching, but nothing has popped out at me, is there a God and/or Goddess i can call upon for justice and co signers and bail money. .... Long story, have to be kept private.( i have been asked to keep his incarceration private) please someone help me.he's already been beaten inside that horrible place. ( im already asking for protection)
I know im asking a lot, but this family is the only one i can come to with these questions.and asking for help.
Thank you.
Again,
Blessed Be

Kaleesie

Wisdom overrides age.  Choose your words carefully. It's all a matter of personal perception. And I feel my heart and spirit are Balanced.
Djentleman
Adept

Bringing sexy back, one pony tail at a time...

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 03:08:34 PM »

I did some google searching for you, chances are this wont be any help, but here you go...

http://sistersinlilith.livejournal.com/7961.html

This seemed to be what you we're looking for, sorry if it's no use Smiley i dont pretend to be good at any of this xD
fiamma
The Wise

he remains faultless and perfect and whole

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »

I don't know what the situation is here, but if you're asking for justice, keep in mind that the human biased idea of justice doesn't necessarily mesh with the gods' idea of justice.  You can ask for justice, and you might get it, but understand that their idea of what is justice might not match up to your idea and whatever the situation, if you think that the person you're trying to get help for is truly in the right, you may want to err on the side of caution and pray for a favorable outcome instead of justice.

Co-signers and bail? That's a pretty tall request, especially if you're going to a god that you've never approached before. For something that serious, whoever you choose to approach, you may want to seriously consider putting up to the deity/s in question an offer to do something rather substantial for them if they are able to successfully help you out because depending on the situation, you may very well be asking them to move heaven and earth for you and a drink and a snack will probably not quite do it.

My blog: Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
Kaleesie
The Blessed

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:35:06 PM »

Fiamma, i plan to. I just dont know what to do yet. And thank you for your advise.... Im at a loss right now. Favorable outcome feels better, that comment helps me.

Dj, thank you for the link, although it didnt quite give me a " offering" advise. I will meditate and ask the God and Goddess for more answers.and jump on the net to see if i can find more information.

Everyone else, if you have advise, i welcome it

Blessed be

Kaleesie

Wisdom overrides age.  Choose your words carefully. It's all a matter of personal perception. And I feel my heart and spirit are Balanced.
jdfaeriewicca
Seer

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 05:31:22 AM »

idk if this will help but when i call anything whether it be a god or goddess a faerie or simply a spirit i offer them as much  of my energy as i can safely give (i generally mediate before hand to gather as much as possible to give as well) i offer it to them and they are have never taken more than i could bear losing ... its not much to them especially to the gods and goddesses but they seem to appreciate the sentiment you might try adding that to whatever else you are doing but be sure u don't offer more than you can give
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:33:11 AM by jdnewbiewicca » Logged

blessed be

J.D.
truffledude
High Witch

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 04:06:48 PM »

offering yourself is a scary proposition to me. unless you ABSOLUTELY know the deity. i've given myself to Artemis (dedicationally and energy wise) but i trust her fully to not use my energy to the point of causing me any damage. justice is tricky. Ma'at would be the one to call. the fates as well. Ma'at will pass judgement totally objectively and the fates can alter the outcome to a better solution. the fates are the oldest beings in greek mythology, just a side note.

Kaleesie
The Blessed

Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »

Thank you Truffle.
Just looked up the Fates... And may i say...wow. My fiance and my future is at stake here, but they serverely humble me...
Thank you for the information..
....and i never said i would offer myself... Not that i dont truely know he's innocent, i just have to keep soul searching for a offering(s).

Blessed Be

Kaleesie

truffledude
High Witch

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »

an offering to lilith.... theres so much contradictory info on her.... does she eat babies souls or protect women? weeding through the obviously patriarchal bias against her is daunting. perhaps a deep red wine? merlot or port?

Kaleesie
The Blessed

Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »

Merlot

truffledude
High Witch

Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »

i use red wine as a blood substitute like a catholic. it would be appropriate.

Kaleesie
The Blessed

Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 09:22:41 PM »

I have to go to the liquor store, like tomorrow!

truffledude
High Witch

Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »

im getting wine 4 my b-day yay

fiamma
The Wise

he remains faultless and perfect and whole

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »

theres so much contradictory info on her.... does she eat babies souls or protect women?

It's entirely possible that she does both- I know little of Lillith to comment beyond that but many deities have facets that swing two ways. Artemis, for example protects women in childbirth...but when a woman dies in childbirth, that can be attributed to her as well. Apollo is a god of healing- but he also sends plagues. Hermes is a god of merchants and commerce- but also of thieves.

Just a few examples,

My blog: Memories of Pain and Light
http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
You, I cannot worship by halves.
Silentdecay
Heathen

Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 02:05:53 AM »

Lilith is nothing nice in all text of every relgion and lilith is not even a pegan concept, Lilith is only found in jewish and christan text, and not the nicest thing you want to summon, more like a succubus...gl
truffledude
High Witch

Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »

Lilith is nothing nice in all text of every relgion and lilith is not even a pegan concept, Lilith is only found in jewish and christan text, and not the nicest thing you want to summon, more like a succubus...gl
you should learn to respect others and how they choose to worship. adopting a jewish figure into a pagan working is fine. just so you know, lilith is actually much older than judaism and dates back to ancient mesopotamia, specifically, sumeria and babylon who were, indeed, pagan.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx
Content & Graphics © 2000-2013 TheMagickSprite. All Rights Reserved.